Sometimes it’s hard for kids to express themselves to their friends, teachers or the adults in their lives. Here’s a great little craft that they can give to show encouragement or appreciation. This candy arrangement doesn’t cost a lot to make, and can be done in a short period of time.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Candy Flower Arrangement:
Here’s what you need:
- Styrofoam ball
- Craft Foam
- Suckers (or any candy on a stick)
1. Start by putting the Styrofoam ball on the cup. You can fill the bottom of the cup up with other candies if you want. This one is just sitting on the cup. It is not glued down.
2. Next cut out your flowers from the craft foam. We used a Cricut® to do this, but you can hand cut them too. You can sign up below to be on our email list to get the free candy bouquet flower template.
We Use about 3 flowers per sucker, but you don’t have to do that many. One each is fine.
3. Push the sucker through the center of the flower. You may need to twist it a little to get it up far enough.
4. Then start pushing the sucker flowers into the styrofoam. Make sure to cover as much of the styrofoam as you can. You can fill in the small gaps in the next step.
5. Use the leaf cutouts to fill in all the gaps where you can see the styrofoam. We used small pieces of scotch tape to attach them to the underside of the flower petals.
6. Finish your arrangement up by tying a colorful ribbon around the cup.
Hope yours turns out as great as ours! We’d love to see your child’s creation, so be sure to share your pictures on our Instagram or Facebook page.
Some other modifications you can make:
- Use a terra cotta pot instead of a cup. Your child can paint the pot in their favorite colors!
- Paint the recipients name on the cup. If you have a vinyl cutting machine, like a Cricut, you can do their name in vinyl.
- Use all different kinds of candy. If it doesn’t have a stick, you can use a floral pick and tape it on the back
- Wrap the styrofoam ball in tissue paper to add even more color.
Again, we’d love to see your creations, so please be sure to leave us a note and share a picture!
Know someone who needs to be encouraged?
Brighten their day with an InJoyBox.
We have boxes for men, women, and kids.