The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:5
Have you ever been on a cave tour? They always take you to the deepest part of the cave and turn out all the lights. It is not my most favorite part. Then the tour guide usually lights a candle or turns on their headlamp. It’s amazing how quickly the light pierces through the darkness.
Jesus is just like that candle piercing through the darkness. The hope, love, and light of Jesus can light up any hopeless circumstance, any fear, any doubt, any sin, and any brokenness.
There is so much that we can learn from the word about light.
- When we stop hiding our sin and bring it out from the darkness, we can be set free. (Ephesians 5) (1 John 1:5-10)
- When we bring our hurts and brokenness into the light, we find healing. (John 12:46) (2 Samuel 22:29)
- When we are in a cloud of darkness and confusion, if we allow him, the Lord lights the way. (Psalm 119:105) (Isiah 42:16) (Psalm 18:28)
- When we are fearful, the Lord is our light. (Psalm 27:1)
- When we feel like we don’t matter, we are reminded that we are the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
- No amount of darkness can ever overcome the love and light of Jesus! (John 1:5)
There is so much darkness, confusion, and hurt in the world right now. As believers, we are not meant to live in darkness. We are children of the light!! (1 Thessalonians 5:5). We can live a life free of sin, brokenness, confusion, and fear.
Whatever it is that you are struggling with today, bring it into the light. Tucking it away in the darkness will never set you free. Bring it to the Lord first. Seek the counsel of a wise, trusted Christian mentor, or friend. Consider finding a Christian counselor. We are not meant to walk this journey alone. Our enemy want’s nothing more than to isolate us and keep us in darkness and it’s because he knows that in the light we find freedom!
Dear Lord, thank you that we don’t have to live in darkness any longer. Thank you for being light in this dark world! Give us the courage to bring every hurt, sin, fear, doubt, and confusion to you. Thank you in advance for the healing and freedom that you will give us as we bring everything into the light. In Jesus name, Amen.